Good Academic Standing and Probation
Good academic standing is determined by graduate students meeting departmental and graduate studies standards; a GPA of 3.0 or above, in upper-division, graduate and professional course work; satisfactory spring evaluation; and having no more than a total of eight units of "F" and/or "U" grades. Some departments specify more stringent grade requirements.
Good Academic Standing is a requirement for:
1. Holding academic and staff appointments.
2. Receiving fellowship, scholarship, or traineeship appointments.
3. Advancing to candidacy for a graduate degree.
4. Going on a leave of absence.
5. Obtaining a graduate degree from UCSD.
Graduate students who are not in Good Academic Standing for any reason are subject to probation and/or disqualification from further graduate study.